Home school agreement
Article 3: The best interests of the child must be a top priority in all actions concerning children.
I / We will:
- Make sure my child arrives at and is collected from school on time.
- Make sure my child attends regularly.
- Inform the school of the reason for absence on the first day that he / she is away.
- Ensure that my child wears full school uniform.
- Support school policies and behaviour guidelines.
- Attend Parent Evenings and discussions about my child’s progress.
- When possible, attend assemblies in which my child is involved.
- Support my child with reading and help with homework, where a homework policy is agreed for my child’s year group.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum to match the needs of individual pupils.
- Encourage children to do their best at all times.
- Keep parents involved about school events.
- Provide a safe and caring environment.
- Aim for the highest standards of work and behaviour.
- Inform parents of their child’s progress at regular meetings at least once a term.
- Inform parents about any concerns or problems that affect their child.
- Encourage children to take care of each other and their surroundings.
- Set and monitor homework which is appropriate for the child’s year group.
- Develop pupil understanding of how to value and respect different cultures within the school and within the community.
- Try to do my best at all times.
- Keep the classroom and school rules.
- Complete homework whenever it is set
- Take good care of the equipment, building and the environment of the school.
- Be polite and helpful to others.
- Not bring toys or play things of any kind to school without the permission of my parents and class teacher.
- Wear the correct school uniform.