CAMHS in schools
We are very lucky at Poplar to have our own 'CAMHS in School' Clinical Specialist, Susannah Penk. Susannah is a trained Educational Psychotherapist and a Therapeutic Play Practitioner.
What is Child Adolescent Mental Health Service in Schools?
It is a Merton CAMHS school based service which provides early intervention and prevention support to children and families who are experiencing emotional or behavioural difficulties.
How do I know I should see CAMHS in Schools?
Parents are best placed to recognise concerns about their children. Common signs can be changes in sleep, eating, behaviour, mood or increase in worries.
How can we help?
- Consultations with parents/carers
- Advice and support (parents/carers/teachers)
- Referrals to other agencies
- Therapeutic interventions with children and families using Evidence Based Practice
- Parent/carer interventions including behaviour management, issues impacting emotional wellbeing
- Attend school meetings; Team around the Child/Family meetings
- Family and Parent work
- Specialist CAMHS in Schools Assessments
- Parent workshops
- Staff training on child mental health and emotional well being
How Do I Make An Appointment?
If you wish to make an appointment with Susannah Penk please contact the school office.
What workshops do CAMHS in School offer?
We will be starting a new 'Family Group' programme in January 2020
Other CAHMS workshops that have taken place in school
CONVERSATIONS THAT MATTER
BALANCING LOVE AND DISCIPLINE
ALL ABOUT ANXIETY
HEALTHY EATING AND SLEEP