CAMHS in schools
We are very lucky at Poplar to have our own 'CAMHS in School' Clinical Specialist, Yvonne Henry. Yvonne is a trained clinical specialist and an art psychotherapist.
What is Child Adolescent Mental Health Service in Schools?
It is a Merton CAMHS school based service which provides early intervention and prevention support to children and families who are experiencing emotional or behavioural difficulties.
How do I know I should see CAMHS in Schools?
Parents are best placed to recognise concerns about their children. Common signs can be changes in sleep, eating, behaviour, mood or increase in worries.
How can we help?
- Consultations with parents/carers
- Advice and support (parents/carers/teachers)
- Referrals to other agencies
- Therapeutic interventions with children and families using Evidence Based Practice
- Parent/carer interventions including behaviour management, issues impacting emotional wellbeing
- Attend school meetings; Team around the Child/Family meetings
- Family and Parent work
- Specialist CAMHS in Schools Assessments
- Parent workshops
- Staff training on child mental health and emotional well being
How Do I Make An Appointment?
If you wish to make an appointment with Yvonne Henry please contact the school office.
What workshops do CAMHS in School offer?
Due to COVID restrictions, we are currently nor running any workshops in school.CAHMS workshops that have taken place in school
CONVERSATIONS THAT MATTER
BALANCING LOVE AND DISCIPLINE
ALL ABOUT ANXIETY
HEALTHY EATING AND SLEEP